Sunday, February 12, 2012

Life after the Arrowhead

The last week and a half has been up and down around our house.

The Bad:

-My uncle died while I was up north.  He was 63 and had Leukemia.  Although we knew he was not doing well, it was still kind of a shock.  RIP Lester.

-My parents had to put their 12 year old Samoyed down.  He had bad hips and could hardly walk.  He also had some sort of autoimmune disease.  My parents had 3 dogs, we have 3 dogs, so we are a canine oriented family.  RIP Aspen

My 10 year old and 5 year old knew what was going on.  My 3 year old twins had no clue.  Lots of tears at our house.

-My 3 year old twins got their tonsils and adenoids out.  They did pretty well, but two at once is much harder than when Andrew had his out.  Still getting up a couple of times a night for pain meds.  Daily trips to McDonalds for ice cream.  Bonus that it is Shamrock Shake season.

The Good:

-My plumbing issues have resolved.  Not sure why it happened, but ibuprofen for several days and no riding cleared it up.  A couple of the Urology MD's are cyclists so I hope to chat with them this week.  I'm still bummed about AH, but it could be worse.  I'm sure I'll be back next year. 

-I have ran twice, lifted weights, and learned to snowboard (took a lesson).

-Home projects are getting done.  I made Andrew this bed out of pallets:

Closet organizer in his room went up today:


Zoei wants a new bed next, I think Lori has some ideas--she is addicted to pinterest

The basement is finished except for the sound system.  We are very happy with it.  (I did not do any of it myself.)  I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Not much on the bike front.  A look around the shop saw several projects to do, my goal this spring is to get everything running and maybe clean house a bit.  I have a couple of old frames (15-20 year old) that I have the parts for.  Andrew will probably fit into them.  I'd like a new snow bike, but I'll have to put the pug on the auction block (although Josh makes multiple fatbikes look pretty nice).

Next event will be the Almanzo on a tandem with the eldest offspring.

J-No

3 comments:

  1. That Closet organizer is SOOOOOOO Sweet!!!!!! Have you no shame??? I hope you man-thing have healed...oh the shame of it all...
    Mallory

    ReplyDelete
  2. J-No this is Ari and I have finally found your blog.
    Hope things are going well for you.
    Are you on the Trans Iowa roster?
    best,
    Ari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ari, good to hear from you. I was on the transiowa roster. I am now off due to a conference that weekend in New Orleans.

    I hope your spring goes well.

    J-No

    ReplyDelete