Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Long time No Blog--a confession

Forgive me father, for I have sinned.  It's been two and a half months since my last post.  Since then I have been riding my usual 3 days a week with a few long rides.  I rode down to Clear Lake, IA, I did a couple of 4+hr gravel rides.  I did a mtn bike race.  4.5 laps of the Sandwich 50 race and had a blast.  I could see a time when a mtn bike may make it's way into the stable.

Speaking of stable, there have been some changes.  The tri bike and wheels are gone (I feel more manly now that they have left).  The 1x1 has found a home with my 10 year old.  My Pugsley has found temporary refuge with my father.  To fill the void I have been spending time with a purple Fatback, a bike that has seen the Sandwich 50 and more recently the Almanzo 100 (report to follow in a few days, I promise).


It is the end of May and my road bike has yet to leave the garage.  I hope to be renewing that relationship soon.

Summer is here and at our house that means weekends in Clear Lake, IA.  A new ship has been commissioned specifically for this purpose.  The former one was purchased when we were a family of 3.  Now that our family size has doubled, a new craft was needed.  The old was traded in, and this was the result.

Andrew and I had a chance to take it out this past weekend while recovering from the Almanzo.  More later.

J-No


4 comments:

  1. I can just picture you out on that thing in your Speedo and golf visor.
    Great to run into you at the Almanzo. Look forward to seeing you soon. Now, get writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can think or say when I see that watercraft is 'Oh My!'

    Mallory just shat himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same of mini vans until we got one. Now I love it. So much fun. Holds 15 people, pulls the kids on a tube.

    Why am I explaining myself to someone who owns a pop up camper?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mr. Novak: Please refrain from any affiliation, private or public, with the DBD until this manner can be settled by the Honor Board. Also please remove and burn your JM Hardman patch.
    Concerned,
    George Mallory

    ReplyDelete