Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cold Feet

Cold Feet--to suddenly become too frightened to do something you had planned to do, especially something important

I always have thoughts of self doubt.  Did I train enough?  Is my set up correct?  The thoughts always go away to replaced by excitement, but they are always there.

Last week I went out in below zero temps for only the second time this year.  After an hour and a half, my feet started to get cold.  This summer a mouse decided to build a nest in one of my winter boots.  I found a bunch of shredded paper in it this fall.  Not a big deal, except I found some of the insulation is missing this week.  New boots came today.  Same brand/size-Cabela's.  Warmer than my old ones.  I'll ride them this weekend, but I'm sure they will be fine.




Training has been going okay the last couple of weeks.  7-9 hours/week, usually spread out among 3 rides.  Last Sun I was able to meet up with Tri for 4 hours.  Long rides are more fun with others.  I look forward to group riding at AH and in training for trans-iowa.

Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment